Welcome to Toonix! We hope you and your child will love it as much as we do!
WHAT IS TOONIX?
Toonix is a SAFE, FUN and FREE virtual world for kids. It’s designed for children aged 6-13 but everyone is welcome. Your child can create their own Toonix avatar, customizing it to look however they want using their imagination and creativity! They use this avatar to join the Toonix online community where they can engage in a whole host of fun activities; like playing games, taking part in challenges, earning virtual coins and spending those coins in a virtual shop.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
Kids create their own avatar and pick a user name. To go any further and unlock the full Toonix experience they’ll need YOU to activate their registration.
We send you an activation email to let you know your child has registered a Toonix with us – if you’re happy for them to join Toonix then please click the link in the email to activate their account. Now they are a fully-fledged member of the Toonix community. Remember, that we only use “Toonix coins” (virtual money) inside Toonix so they can buy, sell and give gifts and goods and it won’t cost you a thing. At any time you can close their account via a link in the activation email.
TOONIX ONLINE SAFETY
It is really important to us that Toonix is a safe online environment so we have included a number of measures to help ensure your child has a positive Toonix experience:
- Restricted social networking: we know children are sociable and love making friends and joining groups so we’ve allowed kids to make friends, visit their friends’ rooms, rate their rooms and send gifts. In order to invite someone to become friends on Toonix they’ll need to know that person’s Toonix user name or real life email address. It means they have to know the other person they’re connecting to.
- Limited safe-chat: kids select all messages and greetings from a pre-defined list. Kids cannot type their own messages.
- Offensive words: We use a rigorous (and continually updated) swear filter to vet user names.
- It’s FREE: We use virtual coins to buy virtual goods in Toonix (there’s no way to use real money)
- Play games and gain XP (Experience Points)
- Make friends and interact with them through ready-made messages
- Rate other Toonix rooms and find out who is rated top!
- Collect stickers
- Take part in challenges
- Earn Toonix coins (and save them to buy virtual goods)
- Buy virtual goods and decorate their world with the goods they buy or
- Give (virtual) gifts to friends
- Keep up to date with all Toonix news via the newsletter [coming soon]
- We hope we’ve covered the kinds of things you want to know about Toonix and your child’s interaction with it, but if you have a question we haven’t answered please send Team Toonix an email to email@example.com.
- We always keen to hear your thoughts on Toonix and welcome any comments or suggestions on how to improve it. Please send these to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you have any technical issues or queries please email our customer support team email@example.com